A dual timeline novel full of mystery, betrayal, faith, and unexpected friendship.
This captivating novel follows inspirational author Via Belle in the 1940's who after a successful career disappears. In 2006 it follows aspiring screenwriter Harper Rayne, as she learns more about the life of the mysterious author and her life.
A well written novel that draws you in with likable characters and a compelling storyline, that slowly reveals something more sinister underneath, culminating into an explosive conclusion. Engaging and full of twists and turns, I wasn't sure how all the pieces were going to fit together in the end. Olivia, Izzy, and Harper are all intelligent and strong women. I liked how Olivia wove her faith into her novels, and how they inspired and encouraged the other women and many others. It was fun looking back at the links in the modern day after some of the reveals.
Overall, a beautifully written book, perfect for fans of Christian fiction. The beginning is slower paced, but no less well done as it lays the scene. I loved the explosive ending and the strong themes of faith that bound them together. Mysterious and compelling, a novel you won't soon forget. Highly recommend.
I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.









No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you!