3.08.2012

The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter ~ Review

The Accidental Bride
My Review: A Western Romance, filled with humor, heart.

How does one get accidentally married? Well, add the kind-hearted  Miss Lucy, a forgetful minister, the good Lord's divine plan, and you've got an answer. In Shay and Travis's case, that is. Once high school sweethearts, Shay and Travis meet again after 14 years--at the alter. What begins as just a way to help out with the Founder's Day festivities, suddenly turns into a an accidental marriage. Can Shay and Travis find true love in the most unusual of circumstances? Will they be able to trust God to work all things out for good?

The Accidental Bride was a very enjoyable read, with well done characters who represented the modern west with an authentic-ness that "took" me there. I'll be honest this isn't the kind of book that I would typically read, but with the cowboys, and the ranch setting I couldn't resist! Laced with humor, and moments that will make you smile, The Accidental Bride is an all around fun read, that also has moments of depth.

Written with snappy dialogue, that makes the air fairly sizzle with each spark that is sent flying. And even though it is the second in a series it is a book that stands firmly on it's own.

Overall, I believe that I will certainly be picking up a book by Denise Hunter, again. The Accidental Bride sparkles as a fun novel, with depth that takes it to the next level. I had a blast reading this one.
I would recommend this book to lovers of contemporary romances, who savor the added bonus of a story set in ranching country.

Final Rating: 4.3 out of 5

I received this book from the publisher through Netgalley in return for an honest review. I was not required to give this book a positive review, but simply to state my honest opinion. Thanks.

2 comments:

I love to hear from you!