3.16.2012

What I'm Reading ~ Weekend 3/16-18/12

A Texan's Honor: The Heart of a Hero

What am I reading this weekend? That's a pretty good question! And the list might just be longer than my weekend! I'm finishing some stuff up and just starting on some others, so we'll see what I actually get around to reading.

I recently started A Texan's Honor, which opens up in the middle of a train robbery! Yeah, talk about getting drawn in from page one!

Here's the blurb: Texas, 1874. Years ago, Will McMillan had fought in the open, next to his Captain, Clayton Proffitt. Now he’s waging another war undercover, pretending to be a member of the notorious Walton Gang. But when a hostage situation goes awry and an innocent woman is in the middle of the fray, Will knows he must protect her no matter what happens. Even if his cover is blown. Even if they risk being killed by his gang or by the lawmen on their trail. Even if the woman he’s risking everything for will never love him back.

Sixty Acres and a BrideAnd I'm hoping to get going on Regina Jennings' Sixty Acres and a Bride!

Back Blurb: With nothing to their names, young widow Rosa Garner and her mother-in-law return to Texas and the family ranch. Only now the county is demanding back taxes and the women have only three months to pay. Though facing eviction, Rosa can't keep herself from falling in love with the countryside and the wonderful extended family who want only her best. Learning the American customs is not easy, however, and this beautiful young widow can't help but catch wandering eyes. Where some offer help with dangerous strings attached, only one man seems honorable. But when Weston Garner, still grieving his own lost love, is unprepared to give his heart, to what lengths will Rosa go to save her future?

Song of My HeartAnd hopefully I'll get a start on Song of My Heart !

Here's the back blurb:
Sadie Wagner has always been devoted to her family. So when her stepfather is injured and can't work, she decides to leave home and accept a position as a clerk at the mercantile in Goldtree, Kansas. Goldtree also offers the opportunity to use her God-given singing talent—though the promised opera house is far different from what she imagined. With her family needing every cent she can provide, Sadie will do anything to keep her job.
Thad McKane comes to Goldtree at the request of the town council. The town has been plagued by bootlegging operations, and Thad believes he can find the culprit. After he earns enough money doing sheriff work, he wants to use it to pay for his training to become a minister.
Thad is immediately attracted to the beautiful singer who performs in Asa Baxter's unusual opera house, but when he hears her practicing bawdy tunes, he begins to wonder if she's far less innocent than she seems. And when Sadie appears to be part of the very crimes he's come to investigate, is there any hope the love blossoming between them will survive?

Well, folks that's what I *hope* to be reading this weekend ;)

What are you reading?
I'd love to hear about it!

And be sure to have a wonderful weekend :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading "A Perfect Square." I just started it. It begins with a body being found floating in a pond. Seems to be the body of a young Amish girl. (I don't know for sure yet because like I said I just started the book.) Looks like it is going to be a good mystery!

    This is my Fifth book since I gave up FB for Lent. I'm plowing right through my TBR pile! Sarai, Frantic, Lost and Found, and Special Delivery were excellent books. I enjoyed all of them so much.

    Blessings and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're going to be solving a mystery this weekend, Judy!

    It's amazing what a person can get done without Facebook! Sounds like you've gotten tons of great reading in :D

    Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!