3.14.2012

Addison Blakely: Confessions of a PK by Betsy St. Amant ~ Review

Addison Blakely:  Confessions of a PK
My Review: Being a Preacher's Kid is hard work!
At least that's what Addison Blakely thinks. Addison struggles to fit in with her peers, yet at the same time be the epitome of perfection expected of a PK. Addison navigates her way through High School, friendships, romantic relationships, and her dad dating again. Can Addison keep up with the unfair expectations handed down to her, can she be a good PK?

Written in an entertaining first person style, Addison Blakely: Confessions of a PK, is a book that was a bit slow to start but got better as it went along. There were elements to the story that I thought were a bit too cliche, but then this is a book about High School!

My favorite character ended up being one that wasn't really in the book as much I hoped he would be, because I thought that Luke was awesome.

What I really liked about this story was how it showed how sometimes we can substitute being good and following the rules for being solely dependant on Jesus Christ. And we shouldn't do that!

Overall, this was a fun book, with an ending that surprised me a bit, and I wasn't quite sure if I totally liked...But ya'll will have to read the book and make your own impressions :) For the most part, I would recommend this book more towards people who read alot of YA fiction.

I received this book from the publisher in return for an honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review! Have you taken the quiz on my website? www.betsystamant.com under the page called "Extras". It's a "Who Would You Date" quiz :)

    And as for your comment on the ending - girl I agree. I had been led to believe the story would likely be a series, but it didn't happen :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I haven't taken the quiz, but I will have to check it out :)

      Oh, because a second book would make so much sense! Thank you for putting me at ease that things possibly turned out better than they appeared too. Maybe an ebook release of the sequel?

      Thanks so much for stopping by :)

      Delete

I love to hear from you!