3.30.2012

What I'm Reading ~ Weekend 3/30-4/1/12



Hello again! I've had quite a busy week, so might be using the weekend to catch up on my review posts, but we'll see.

I've been doing great, and around where I live the weather has never been better! We're talking an average of 68 degrees, which is like, perfect :D

When the Heart Cries (Sisters of the Quilt, #1)What am I reading this weekend? That is an excellent question! I don't have much time this weekend, mostly I'm finishing some stuff up. But I hope to start at least one book :)

When the Heart Cries by Cindy Woodsmall.

Here's the back blurb:
Despite being raised in a traditional Old Order Amish family, seventeen-year-old Hannah Lapp desires to break with custom, forgo baptism into the faith, and marry outside the cloistered community. She’s been in love with Mennonite Paul Waddell for three years, and before returning to college for his senior year, Paul asks Hannah to be his wife. Hannah accepts, aware that her marriage will change her relationship with her family forever.

On the evening of their engagement, tragedy strikes and in one unwelcome encounter, all that Hannah has known and believed is destroyed. As she finds herself entangled in questions that the Old Ways of her people cannot answer, Hannah faces the possibility of losing her place in her family, in her community– and in the heart of the man she loves.

When the Heart Cries is book one in the Sisters of the Quilt series.


Well, there you have it folks, my one selection. What are you reading this weekend? I'd LOVE to hear about it! So don't be shy, and tell me whats in your hands this week :)

Have a wonderful and productive weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Faye, I love this whole series, and it's what got me hooked on ALL of Cindy's Amish fiction!! You'll be hooked in the first three (maybe less) chapters...guaranteed!

    This weekend for me? Hopefully, I can finish up When All My Dreams Come True by Janelle Mowery, and maybe There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, yes I think I will be reading late into the night! Cindy's books are always fast reads :)

    I've seen When All My Dreams Come True, around and it looks really awesome! Oh, I'm looking forward to finally finding some time to really dig into There You'll Find Me, I've been holding back because I knwo that if I get started I won't be able to stop!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!