3.27.2012

In Too Deep by Mary Connealy ~ Review


In Too Deep

Lucie's Review: Another great book from Mary Connealy!

A thrilling sequel, picking up right where Out of Control left off, In Too Deep tells Audra & Ethan's story.

In my opinion, this is one of those books where you really should read the first book, first. Because alot of this book leans on the the relationships, and trials that began in the first installment of the series. Plus, Out of Control is just way too cool to miss!

Action-packed throughout, the pages flew by, because I just had to know what happened next. This is one of those books where I just couldn't  go to bed, while the characters are in peril!

All of the characters were so well drawn out, each with their own sometimes quirky idiosyncrasies, making them memorable and unique. My favorite character was Ethan, though Audra was a really close second. Both Ethan and Audra grew and matured throughout the story, and their relationship progressed naturally--they were just so perfect for each other! One of the things that I really liked was how I got to see the characters from the first book again, and not just in a brief tidbit here or there, Julia and Rafe were much a part of In Too Deep.

One of the things that I didn't like as much was the parts where we got to take a peek into the bad guys' heads, but that's mostly my personal opinion.

Overall, this is a book full of adventure, and another great book from Mary Connealy. I love how this book is so much more than just a romance, it's a wild west adventure, with good guys and bad guys, as well as a family relationship drama, and a book about overcoming the past with God's help. I will eagerly await Over the Edge, because to be completely honest In Too Deep was a teensy-bit of a cliff-hanger! I've gotta get Over the Edge!

Final Rating: 4

I received this book from the publisher in return for an honest review.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!