3.09.2012

What I'm Reading ~ Weekend 3/9/12


Addison Blakely:  Confessions of a PK

Hello again! I've had a wonderful week of rollercoaster weather, and tons of reading. I'm not sure how much time I'm gonna spend reading this weekend, with the 4-H fruit fundraiser pick-up and delivery, but we'll see...

I'm hoping to finsh up Addison Blakely : Confessions of a PK. I haven't decided if I like this book or not yet, so I guess I'll be finding that out over the weekend :)

Here's the blurb: Sixteen-year-old Addison Blakely has tireless played the role of PK—preacher’s kid—her entire life. But after Wes Keegan revs his motorcycle into town and into her heart, Addison begins to wonder how much of her faith is her own and how much has been handed to her. She isn’t so sure she wants to be the good girl anymore. Join Addison Blakely as she attempts to separate love from lust, facts from faith, and keep her head above water in her murky, fishbowl existence.
Protection for Hire
And if all goes well I should be able to finally start Protection for Hire!

Here's the blurb: Tessa Lancaster's skills first earned her a position as an enforcer in her Uncle Teruo's Japanese Mafia gang. Then they landed her in prison for a crime she didn't commit. Now, three months after her release, Tessa's abilities have gained her a job as bodyguard for wealthy socialite Elizabeth St. Amant and her three-year-old son.But there's a problem or two ... or three .... There's Elizabeth's abusive husband whose relentless pursuit goes deeper than mere vengeance. There's Uncle Teruo, who doesn't understand why Tessa's new faith as a Christian prevents her from returning to the yakuza. And then there's Elizabeth's lawyer, Charles Britton, who Tessa doesn't know is the one who ensured that she did maximum time behind bars. Now Tessa and Charles must work together in order to protect their client, while new truths emerge and circumstances spiral to a deadly fever pitch.Factor in both Tessa's and Charles's families and you've got some wild dynamics---and an action-packed, romantic read as Tessa and Charles discover the reality of being made new in Christ.

So that's what I'm (hoping) to be reading this weekend.
What about you? I'd love to hear about it :)
And don't forget to have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I've been doing a lot of reading lately, too! :) Protection for Hire sounds interesting! I'm hoping to read Heart of Gold by Robin Lee Hatcher and start The Dawn of a Dream by Ann Shorey. I'm also tempted to read one of the Mary Connealy books I ordered from Christianbook.com... Maybe Doctor in Petticoats? We'll see! ;)

    Happy reading, and have a great time with the 4-H Fundraiser!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMBER- Awesome! I have Heart of Gold on my shelf, but I'm not sure when I'm going to get to it :) And Ann Shorey is great! Sounds like some great reading! Mary Connealy is always so much fun to read. I'm hoping to get my hands on a copy of In Too Deep soon!

    It's funny I just realized the my weekend reads have a St. Amant theme ;)

    Have a great weekend! And I'll try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I am reading "Special Delivery" by Kathi Macias. I love her books. I am almost finished with it. I think next I will start on "Sarai" by Jill Eileen Smith. This will be the first book I have read by her.

    Since giving up FB for Lent I have done a lot of reading and writing reviews for the books I have read. I just might give up FB for good. It is amazing how much I have accomplished since I've been off of it!

    Enjoy your week-end! I plan to enjoy mine, God Willing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JUDY - How awesome! I haven't read any by Kathi Macias yet, but I hope to in the future, but I've heard that she's fabulous! Sarai is a great one. I loved how it stuck so closely to the Bible.

    Giving up Facebook? What a great idea! It must be wonderful to have more time to spend on other things.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!