6.25.2012

The First Escape : The Doppleganger Chronicles by G. P. Taylor ~ Review


The First Escape (The Dopple Ganger Chronicles, #1)
My Review: I am going to start off and just say that I was kinda disappointed. While, I loved the layout and the way this book was a mix of comic book and chapter book, with alot of artistic quirks, I just found this book too dark and creepy. This is not something I would give to a child, neither could I enjoy it because I found the illustrations rather disturbing.

I also will note that I thought the children were more than a little rude, especially in the beginning.

I really liked the idea of doing a children's book in this format, a sort of hip comic/book type deal, and I think that it would be great to see more books with this format because I do believe there is an appeal for this type of stuff.

So overall, I am sad to say that I did not like this book. And just could find no enjoyment in it's depths :/

I got this book at the public library, and was under no obligation to review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!