6.12.2012

Wounded Heart by Jennifer A. Davids ~ Review

Lucie's Review: A story of love and redemption.

Jonah comes home from the war scarred from what he saw on the battlefield, Adele agrees to marry Jonah to save him from being carted off to an insane assylum. Can love grow out of the most challenging of circumstances?

A fresh tale, full of wonderfully complex characters, fast paced, with great character interactions, it was hard to believe this was only a novella! There was alot of story packed into a small book, and it was a terrific one to read in one sitting, because it proved very difficult to put down. Easily one of the best novellas I have ever read. I liked how the characters acted rationally for their circumstances.
It's great how much I was able to connect with Adele, because it's not often that I actually like the main character as much as I did.
And I loved how well Ms. David's dealt with the always present question of why bad things happen to good people, and there was just such a great message in the whole arch of the story.
Don't let the length fool you, Wounded Heart is a dynamo of great story telling, love, redemption, and faith.

I won this book, and am reviewing this book simply because I loved it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!