6.21.2012

Rising Shadows by Ashley Townsend ~ Review


Rising Shadows

My Review: An action-filled adventure...in another time...

Sarah and her sister, Lilly, are swept from their life in the present day to a medieval time though historic with a rich history, is not remembered by time. There Sarah meets a mysterious man in a green cloak, who fights silently for what is right. What adventures will Sarah experience in this land that time seems to have forgotten?

Written in an engaging easy to read fashion, with accurately flowing, descriptions perfect for a fast paced novel. I really liked how the we got to see the many sides of The Green Shadow, and how he was something of an outwardly quiet and collected character, though on the inside he was just a normal guy. I liked how much action that the story contained, and how things really got going about halfway through.

I kind of felt like this book should have either been longer or shorter, either one, because there were a few gaps that I would have liked a little more explanation, and there were times in the beginning especially that I felt could have been tighter. I was kinda disappointed when they sent Lilly home, because I thought she would have been a great part of the story and some sisterly conflict or something like that.

Overall, I think this is a great new YA Christian Fiction book with lots of adventure, and romance, even deception and secret identities. I really enjoyed traveling back in time to another place, and I definitely think a sequel would be marvelous!

You can purchase the book here: http://kirkdalepress.com/books/rising-shadows/
I received this book from the publisher in return for an honest review. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!