7.27.2012

As One Devil to Another by Richard Platt ~ Review


As One Devil to Another

My Review: This book is pretty far removed from what I usually read, yet I found myself truly engaged. I *blush* have never actually read C.S. Lewis's The Screwtape Letters, so I didn't know what to expect at all. But I was happily surprised that I liked it.

As One Devil to Another tells the tale of two demons the older and more experienced Slashreap, writes letters to his young inexperienced nephew Scardagger, giving him lessons on how to lure away souls from their Adversary.

I thought that this book was so well done, because it told an engaging story through onesided letters, yet it had so many biblical and spiritual truths about spiritual warfare, and it encouraged me to think of things in ways I had never thought of them before. And I think that Mr. Platt did a splendid job of representing spiritual warfare and how the devil uses tactics to lure us away from God.

Overall, I really liked how I was able to enjoy this book, and learn at the same time. I think this book is sure to be a classic! I would highly recommend this book, I think others would be surprised at how much they like it!

No review required. I checked this out at my local library. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!