8.30.2012

Love Isn't Supposed to Hurt by Christi Paul ~ Review

Love Isn't Supposed to Hurt
My Review: A brutally honest book about the triumph and hardships of overcoming emotional abuse.

Christi Paul tells her personal story of suffering and overcoming emotional abuse, that came in the form of someone she loved.

Love Isn't Supposed to Hurt was a well written read that was engaging, yet hard to read for me personally because of the nature of the content. As I read my heart was breaking for Christi, and it reminded me of how hard it is to stand up for yourself when you are being hurt. The book follows Christi through the tumultuous times of her first marriage, and the long process of healing.

I think this was a very inspiring read, not only for others who have suffered abuse from a spouse but also for people who have experienced bullying or any other kind of hurt caused by another's words.

Overall this was a well written book, that was encouraging and inspiring. I loved how it was deeply personal, even though she never revealed her ex's full name. There were some scenes that were depicted that had implied curse words, they weren't there, but I could figure out what they were originally. I didn't have a problem with that though because it it what truly happened in Ms. Paul's life and she did job of writing from the heart, I could feel the emotion in each page. She had a strong inspiring faith, and there were many times when she got back up when I thought she was at the end of her rope. Very well done.
 Though this is a book that I am not likely to read again, but would recommend to people who want to read a heartfelt book of overcoming a haunting hurt.

No review required.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!