CIA codebreaker Lusia Voekler stumbles upon a letter that opens a vault of secrets and sends her digging in her own history for answers about her father.
A riveting read that follows Lusia in the U.S. working for the CIA, and her father back in East Germany. It goes back and forth, often covering the same patch of time through two different perspectives. Gripping, gritty and realistic. The author does an excellent job of showing the impact that it had in splitting up families, and the not knowing the truth beyond the walls.
Well researched, realistic, and well done. Engaging and compelling plot that pulls you in. I liked learning more about the time period, and how people rebelled through music. A high stakes plot, that kept me locked in. Definitely recommend!
I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.









No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you!