9.15.2026

The Indigo Heiress by Laura Frantz // Review

My Review: 

Juliet Catesby is a capable woman, she has poured herself into her father's indigo business, as well as freeing slaves. In order to cancel a debt, her father arranges for one of his daughters to marry a Scots lord, Juliet is surprise when he chooses her instead of her younger and more marriage minded sister. I admired how she made the best of her new life, and made an effort to welcome Leith's children and get to know them. She is a clever and capable woman, strong in her convictions and kindness. I also liked her close relationship with her sister Loveday, who is different in many ways but they have a mutual love and respect for each other. 

A slow burn romance, with a marriage of convenience. I liked that Leith notices Juliet for her management skills, as well as her intelligence. He is touched by her care for his children, but wary of making the mistakes he made with his first wife. 

An engaging read, with likable characters, and an interesting premise with and American heiress travelling to Scotland instead of the other way around. An enjoyable story full of love and sacrifice, that had me hanging on to the very end. Highly recommend!

I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!