A heartwarming and uplighting Christmas tale of hope and new beginnings.
Maggie Oliver is given no small order when tasked with pulling together a Christmas USO show with little time to spare. I admired her sunny positive attitude and how she met every roadblock with bright determination. Duke Prescott is a former Hollywood actor, burned in a terrible accident while serving his country, scarred and without options in Hollywood, his life feels like a dead end. But an invitation to join Maggie's USO production unexpectedly changes his life.
A compelling and hopeful read, with likable protagonists and an engaging plot. Maggie has a sunny can-do attitude, and I loved her close relationship and comraderie with her grandfather. I like how Prescott is down to earth and ready to jump right in and help wherever he can.
A fun fast paced read, with a full cast of wonderful characters and plenty of heart. I loved the creative ways that the Twelve Days of Christmas and the Twelfth Night played into the story. An uplifting and inspiring story of faith and purpose. Highly recommend!
I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.









No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you!